Uncertified Positions (for anyone):
Timers & Lane Assignments
1. Home Team is responsible for 10 Timers, 9 Lane Timers and 1 Backup Timer
2. There are 3 Timers per lane.
3. The home team swims in the even numbered lanes – 2, 4 & 6
a. 2 - away team timers per home team lane
b. 1 -home team timer per home team lane
4. The away team swims in the odd numbered lanes – 1, 3 & 5
a. 2 – home team timers per away team lane
b. 1 – away team timer per away team lane
5. Each lane has a Head Timer (timer with the clipboard).
a. Head Timer will check with swimmer to make sure the name is correct
b. Head Timer will record all three times
6. The Backup Timer will start his/her watch at the start of each race just in case a watch malfunction takes place in a lane. The timer with the malfunction will raise their hand and shout “backup” and the Backup Timer will go to that lane and time that event.
7. Timers should watch the light on the starting system and start their stop watches when the light goes off. Swimmers listen for the BEEP, Timers watch for the light.
Runner - retrieves the timer sheets from their team lanes every five events and hands them to the scorer’s table.
Marshal - assures that their team swimmers are in the proper lanes prior to their events and that no one misses their events.
Finish Judge – marks the placement of swimmers for each event by sight, 1st place – 6th place. Experience helps.
Setup & Take Down – ONLY HOME MEETS - assists in putting up tents, Cuda Café and diving blocks.
Cuda Café – Deb Navarra coordinates the volunteers and food
Scorer’s Table – enters the results of each event as they come in. Only the scorers, starter referee and head coaches are allowed at the scorer’s table. The meet is scored real time and many items come into play at the scorer’s table – lane timer sheets, stroke & turn judge’s sheets, finish judge cards.
Starter Referee – runs the meet, introduces each event and instructs swimmers to take their mark and begins each event/heat with a BEEP to signal the start of each race. Swimmers listen for the BEEP and Timers watch for the LIGHT to signal the start.
Stroke & Turn Judge – tracks the swimmers through the entire race to make sure they are doing the strokes correctly as well as other possible infractions.